Broilers

News 421 views

Aus: Girl launches $10 mln KFC lawsuit

An 11-year-old girl in Sydney, Australia, claiming she was poisoned at one of its restaurants, is suing KFC for just over $10 mln.

Monika Samaan recently arrived in a wheelchair at the New South Wales Supreme Court, reports ABC News. She has acquired spastic quadriplegia and a profound intellectual disability.

Reports state that the court heard that her condition was due to salmonella poisoning from a contaminated KFC product called a 'twister', which she ordered in October 2005. The following day she was vomiting and had diarrhoea. Reports continue in saying that her parents and brother were also sick after sharing her twister.

According to the family's lawyer, the girl had been an extremely bright and active young girl before her illness. He accuses KFC of breaching its duty of care and the Trade Practices Act.

The hearing continues.

Source: ABC News

Natalie Berkhout

Or register to be able to comment.