N.Y. Gourmet Salads, Inc., a Brooklyn, N.Y., establishment, is recalling an undetermined amount of various chicken products because the products were produced without federal inspection, the US Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced.
The following products are subject to recall:
- 5-pound tubs of “CHICKEN SALAD, MADE WITH ALL WHITE MEAT.”
- 5-pound tubs of “GRILLED CHICKEN PASTA & BROCCOLI.”
- 3-pound trays with six wraps of “CHICKEN w/ROASTED PEPPER & MOZZARELLA WRAP.”
- 5-pound trays of “GRILLED BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST CUTLET.”
- 5-pound trays of “TERIYAKI CHICKEN BREAST.”
The chicken products were produced intermittently between 5 November, 2009, and 10 March, 2010, and were distributed to retail establishments in the New York City metropolitan area. Each chicken product bears the establishment number “P-34440” inside the USDA mark of inspection.
Consumers may have purchased these chicken products at delicatessen counters at supermarkets.
The problem was discovered by FSIS and is part of an ongoing investigation. FSIS has received no reports of illness due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an illness should contact a physician.